Email marketing is a personalized marketing strategy that allows sellers and marketers to deliver promotions about their brand directly to their audiences’ inbox.
The reason that this is a popular and well-followed marketing strategy is that it allows the brand to customize the promotion and ensures that there is little cost involved in marketing. The brand can also measure who engages with the email- from whether they opened the email, how long they read it and what buttons they clicked.
The ROI of Email Marketing
The effectiveness of email marketing is well seen in research done across different marketing agencies. One study proved that email marketing is 4 times more effective than any other kind of marketing, claiming that more individuals are convinced to purchase a product when it pops up in a well-designed mailer in their inbox.
According to the Salesforce, email marketing has an average ROI of 3,800 percent. For every dollar invested, the average return is $38. There’s no denying that email marketing is the place worth investing in.
What Makes Email Marketing Successful
The most crucial aspect of email marketing is that at the end of the day, it is addressing one person. It pops up in your inbox and it seems to be personally sent and addressed to you. Studies state that marketing strategies that are personalized will outsell any other strategy by 20%, a margin worth looking into. Email marketing allows you to do what every brand aims to do- cater to every customer like they are the most important. With customized emails sent according to what the customer previously bought, your email has the power to bring back a previous customer and even attract new ones.
The other factor in creating a successful email campaign lies in creating an email that is creative, well-designed and makes the viewer feel like the product is a priority in their lives. Many companies invest in a designer who will create emails that are pleasing to look at and will pair the designer with a writer who creates copy that will make the product seem like a vital item for the reader. Such investments are necessary if you want your readers to consider your brand worth purchasing from. It is also advisable to provide incentives and offers that customers will be tempted to click on. Last but not least, timing is crucial. One must send out emails at peak hours when their readers are likely to be online.
How to Make Email Marketing Work
- If you’re starting out with email marketing, we recommend these simple steps to ensure you get it right.
Build a strong relationship with your reader. Many brands have shared their story of growth, from their days of struggle to success to make their readers empathize with them.
- Add value to your viewers’ life. This can be done by sending emails that have hacks related to the field your company works in. For example, a fashion brand can send style hacks or lifestyle hacks to their subscribers.
- Ensure that the contents of your email are strong and subtly convinces readers of the effectiveness and necessity of your product in their life
- Have a strong subject line for your email. Many email users don’t even open the mailer if the subject seems in-genuine or uninteresting.
- Add a video for more engagement. According to Martech Advisor, adding videos to your email can increase click rates by 300 percent.
The number of email users is predicted to grow to 4.1 billion users by 2021. If you and your company is looking to thrive in this global economy, getting personal with well-planned email marketing campaigns is your best choice to move forward and have your customers loyally stick to you.